Pricing (Effective Feb 1, 2008)
|2 years||$140 ($70 per year)|
|3 years||$195 ($65 per year)|
|4 years||$240 ($60 per year)|
|5 years||$275 ($55 per year)|
|6 years to 10 years||$50 per year|
1. Registry Policies: Registry policies for .SC are located at http://www.nic.sc. Such policies include dispute resolution policies, transfer policies, and eligibility requirements.
2. Required Registration Information:
- In order to create a domain name, the following data elements are required:
- domain name
- registrant ID
- registration term
- In order to create a contact, the following data elements are required:
- contact ID
- name (for administrative and technical contacts only)
- postal code
- phone number
- In order to create a name server, the following data elements are required:
- IP address (if the name server is within the .SC domain; the IP address is prohibited if it is not within .SC)
- Other data elements may be required as a result of further development of the System by Provider.
3. Pricing: For each .sc domain name registered or renewed by the registrar, the above fee structure will apply.
4. Transfer Fees: Transfers of .sc domain names from one registrar to another shall result in a one-year extension of the term of the domain name. Registrar shall pay Provider an amount equal to a one year Registration as listed above for each such transfer.
5. Registration and Renewal Terms: A domain name can be registered for a period of 1-10 years. A domain name can be renewed for a period of up to 10 years.
6. Grace Periods and Renewal Dates: The following grace periods and renewal dates shall apply:
- add grace period: domains deleted within 5 days of initial registration will be credited back to Registrar; and
- renew/extend grace period: domains deleted within 5 days of a renewal will result in the cost of the renewal being credited back to Registrar;
- transfer grace period: domains deleted within 5 days of a transfer will result in the cost of the automatic renewal being credited back to the gaining registrar; and
- domain names automatically renew at the end of their term
- Auto-Renew Grace period: 45 days
- redemption grace period (RGP): 30 days [Domain Restore Fee $75.00]
- redemption hold period (RHP): 5 days.
7. Rules of Registration: The following rules must be followed when registering a .sc domain name:
- domain names may include only letters, numbers, or hyphen ("-");
- domain names cannot have more than 63 characters, not including extensions;
- minimum length of a domain name is 3 characters, not including extensions;
- domain names may not begin with a hyphen.